March 28, 2014

Collecting rain drops

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE
I thought this was a great diagram of how to build your own rain water collection system for your home. Provided of course you have rain gutters and an HOA that would allow this. Even so this is a very cool idea. I might try this as a project with the kids on a weekend where I hear, "I'm bored" Of course where I live it would have to be on a smaller scale.

I think, given that this collects rain gutter water, you may have to filter it to make it potable. I am thinking of the cute little birds that are chirping outside right now, possibly pooping in the gutters. Still a great idea!

Has anyone tried this or made something similar and had success?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it will be approved and post shortly.